The Global Goals
World leaders agreed on 17 goals to make the world better for the future in 2015 by the end of 2030, these global goals have the power to end poverty, remove inequality, stop climate change and much other world social cause which needs to be changed, Here at Artisanal Miners we are supporting Goal#1 No Poverty | Goal# 3 Good Health and Well-Being | Goal# 6 Clean Water and Sanitation | Goal# 13 Climate action, a part from our profit will be contributed to fullfill these goals in ASM community.
More information on Global Goals Click here for more...
Poverty in Africa refers to the lack of basic human needs fact by certain people in African society. African nations typically fall forward the bottom of any list measuring small size economic activity such as per capita or GDP per capita despite a wealth of natural resources in 2009 identified as having "Low Human Development" on the United Nations. The main causes of Poverty in Artisanal miners are:
- Lack of information on trade
- Lack of control of food in local
- Lack access to education
- Corruption is both a major cause and a result of poverty around the world.
- Middle man access is more than 70%
How Artisanal Miners will solve the issue?
Poverty arise from the basic needs and lack of information, which is very high in African regions, Artisanal Miners came in existence with the main aim of removing the middle man who got the access of more than 70% of profit from these ASM, ASM will also educate about the trade and the actual price of the minerals in the international market so they will get what they deserve which will help them to access more better facility in term of food and education for their kids and make their better future.
- Most of the Miners in Africa they face healthy issue due to lack of safety equipment Such as gloves, helmets, boots, anti pollution mask etc…. so that lack of safety makes them suffer from different dangerous
- Most of the miners in Africa do mining by themselves with the old equipments with no safety so that they can at least gain little bit Profit or money in that case they start with nothing no protection just few tools that’s when the healthy issue kick in and the cause of all that issues its all behind middle man, middle man In Africa most of the time work as a company and the miners do the dangerous work and at the end of the day miners come to sale with the companies(middle man) they don’t care how much they struggled during the action they just know they can’t cross anywhere with minerals so they buy the minerals on very low price and miners got no choice. Moreover many sites don’t have their own restroom which cause them do things in open which cause them high health issues.
How Artisanal Miner will solve the issue to achieve vision?
Artisanal Miner one of its best goals is to reduce the rate of Poverty and give opportunity to all miners to earn more from their sweat and hard work to bring out incredible minerals. Beside this Artisanal Miner is going to educate about health and safety issues and how to tackle with them on emergency period. Since Poverty rate will decrease with the support of Artisanal Miner is also going to help the ASM community to access of better food, and plan to build rest room on mining area so that their natural habitat will stay clean, Medical facility, with more focus on the health of children there which will reduce the disease-environment by making it possible for households to buy better quality of food and access to clean healthy water.
Clean Water and Sanitation
A lack of sustainable WASH services has large economic and social impacts. In Africa a staggering 300 million people lack adequate sanitation, much progress has already been made under the development goals but still millions are remaining. The big challenge is unclean water and a lack of basic sanitation is undermining efforts, to end extreme poverty and disease in the world poorest country. Together unclean water and poor sanitation are a leading cause of child mortality, as an estimate 800 children die from diarrhea, spread through poor sanitation and hygiene, Research shows that African women spend 40billion per hour every year collecting water.
Reason which made this cause:
- Lack of information on clean water
- Lack of information on sanitation
- Lack of access to healthy environment and water.
- Lack of facility
- Big companies making money from Africa and giving back nothing.
How Artisanal Miners will resolve the issue?
Artisanal Miner is goanna fund the clean water treatment plant in and help the locals to build the new one so that they get clean and fresh water to drink, launching social awareness programs, with the help of locals upgrading toilet prototype facilities and helping to find the diverse resources and solutions to solve and simplify the issue more.
*Sustainable sanitation solutions for poor communities has the potential to solve a range of social and economic challenges, but they can do more just they know the better and solved area to explore, that the main key-point that they are lacking.
The adverse impacts of climate change aggravated by the increasing of global temperature are a threat to the livelihoods of people in almost all sectors of the economies of African communities includes ASM, severe droughts, floods, and extreme weather events associated with climatic variability are occurring with greater frequency and intensity in the region. The dependence on artisanal mining in the EAC region implies that mining production is highly vulnerable to climatic variability and climate change. ASM activities are very diverse and maybe have different ecological footprints. Past mining activities left such as imprints in the environment but two issues in particular are of major and worldwide importance: mine tailings and acid mine drainage. Trailing in general contain toxic elements that may be released and introduced in the bio-geosphere.
- Acid mine generally formed from the exposure of rocks mineral and ore deposit to water and oxygen faciliting the mobilization of chemical elements and increasing their concentration of their water and food chains with detrimental effects of ecosystem.
- Other metals such as uranium and fossil fuels such as oil and gas are extracted for energy supply and largely consumed thus not recycling doesn’t apply in these.
- Climate change will adverse effect will interact with non-climate drivers and stressors to exacerbate vulnerability of agriculture systems, particularly in semi arid areas.
How Artisanal Miners will solve the issue?
- Helping the locals to reduce the risk of negative impacts by creating appropriate policies/ or practical steps and apply to those systems and method which is found vulnerable.
- Providing Mining kit and better method for miners to save their life and environment with hazardous mining technique.
- Teach them about safe mining method and how to stay away from mercury during mining from experts.
- Initiate an Eco-Culture in and around African communities and help them to adopt it for life.
Subscribe to know more upcoming news & updated of Bullion.